REACHING SEARCH ENGINE USERS

By Tapnative | Native Advertising In Healthcare |

A unique way for health marketers to reach search engine users without paying search engine prices

Buying search is smart because you’re reaching people about exactly what they want at the right time.

Users visiting any search engine and typing terms like “psoriasis cure” or “glucose monitoring device” have incredibly high intent. So, paying $5.00, $7.00 or $12.00 per click seems like a bargain because you’re reaching in-market health information seekers at the precise moment they’re seeking solutions.

Organic vs. Sponsored

The fact is, the majority of searchers don’t click the sponsored links featured at the top of the SERPs and instead scroll down to the organic listings. If they are searching health related terms, they wind up on one of hundreds of popular health sites that come up in those results like Drugs.com, Familydoctor.org or Sharecare.com. We’ve all see what an organic result looks like and this is it:

Users that click land on a content page and begin reading an article, watching a video or scrolling through a slide show about the topic they found. This is precisely why Tap Native ad units are installed within the editorial content of hundreds of the most popular health and wellness sites. We’re reaching the same users that are actively searching but we’re reaching them on the page after they’ve left their search result and within the content they’re now consuming. Here’s an example of a Tap Native ad unit in a psoriasis article on Sharecare.com:

Note the 3 characteristics of the placement:

It’s In-content - The unit appears within the editorial well of the page, not the right rail or the header or footer.

It’s Contextual - The article is about psoriasis and 1 or more of the offers displayed are targeted to psoriasis and match what the searcher was seeking.

It’s Not Branded - The offer itself doesn’t mention a brand but instead calls out a condition. The advertiser can drive the click to any site they chose. The ad itself is designed to peak the interest of users with a high resistance to “banner ads” since more people want to learn about products and services through content style channels.

Our Drug & Condition Match targeting feature takes this strategy to the next level by allowing advertisers to select drug names, drug classes, therapeutic categories or specific conditions. Using that feature enables advertisers to have their ads displayed contextually on pages which are most appropriate for their offer. Our strategy doesn’t preclude any other search or display strategy but is intentionally designed to deliver high intent, search quality results at a far lower cost per click.

Some products are one-time purchases, so the CPA formula needs to include a margin for your organization to operate and scale the campaign. Other products carry a recurring revenue value per customer and a known average time frame that revenue will likely continue such as a subscription to a service. If your product sells for $100 and your margin is 50%, you may only be able to pay a CPA of $25 which means your net profit on $100 is $25. If you’re willing to break even to seed the market you might be willing to pay a much higher CPA. And if you already know that your average customer buys monthly for 5 months, you may want to scale the campaign and might be willing to accept a $75 CPA.

Learning how your ads, landing pages and order forms preform is not free. Many marketers allocate 25% of their campaigns to learning and testing and the other 75% to scaling. Regardless of the vendors you use, make sure you have plenty of data to guide you. Cheers to your campaign’s health!

Become a Tap Native advertiser or publisher.

create an account

Tap Native ad units are integrated within the content of popular health destination sites. You can see in the example below that Tap Native ad units focus on health and provide the source of the content: